Heart-to-Heart with Diane

Hello and Welcome! Isn't raising a family the greatest!? I know I've got the best job in the world, just being Mom! I love sharing things I've discovered that make being "Mom" better, easier or more fulfilling, and that is what this blog is all about. Welcome!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Refreshing Mint Lemonade


Hot day? Refresh yourself with this super-easy, nutritious cooler!

Mint Lemonade

Fill blender with 2 cups cold water

Add:
1 whole lemon, cut in half
4-5 sprigs mint, stem and leaves

Blend thoroughly, and pour through a strainer.

Return juice to blender and add water and ice to fill the blender. Blend on high until ice is fully crushed.

Add white stevia powder to desired sweetness.

Enjoy this healthy, cool and flavorful drink! It looks sort of neon and tastes much like the Crystal Light brand drink, only it is good for you!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At July 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM , Blogger sheila said...

    Dear Diane, I enjoy your blog. I noticed you have some books, but I don't see a link to them. Do you sell them on your site? Sheila Burns, mother of one, Olivia Grace.

     
  • At July 19, 2009 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Diane Hopkins said...

    Yes, we sell many of them at my bookstore: www.LovetoLearn.net because I want to share everything I love (which is a lot!) So glad you enjoy my blog. Olivia Grace is a very sweet name.
    ; 0 )

     
  • At July 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

    Well isn't this just an answer to prayer! I've just been told I'm pre-diabetic and can't have any more sugar. The MAIN thing that I was sad about giving up was my lemonade (Crystal Light brand)! Thank you so much for posting this! I can't WAIT to try it out tomorrow!!!

     
  • At July 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Annette said...

    I tried this recipe right away and it has become a family favorite. My daughter will go out, cut some mint and request some mint lemonade. Last week we were in Lancaster, PA and an Amish farmer had imperfect limes for free and I knew just what to do with them. . .we came home and whipped up a batch of mint limeade and enjoyed the refreshment. We sweetened with Agave nectar, which made it look more like murky pond water, but it was still delicious! Thanks, Diane!

     
  • At August 2, 2009 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Elisha Jones said...

    So you put in the whole lemon, peel and all?

     
  • At August 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Diane Hopkins said...

    Yes, just wash the lemon, cut it in half, dump it right in the blender and blend it all up. You will strain out the non-drinkable stuff--no worries!
    Yum! I'm in the mood right now. . .

     
  • At August 20, 2009 at 8:34 AM , Blogger mrscsue said...

    WOOSH! This is the fastest, easiest, yummiest lemonade recipe ever! My old recipe (while extremely delicious) took about an hour with the intensive labor of juicing the lemons. Now it takes about 2 minutes to get to the good part --> drinking the stuff out on the porch with my family!
    Thanks for all your great tips and inspiration, Diane!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home